Done by myself with my lil' boy
Done by KY, my lil' nephew with my help
This was done quite some time ago, but I was too busy to post this since I've to relocate.
So it started with ...one of the Saturday morning, my lil' boy and KY was very free. I asked them whether they want to do some crafts. Both of them, age 2+ and 4, said yes and so we started with this little project. My lil' boy likes to sing the song of 'Butterfly butterfly happy all day...' from Barney and we decided to make a butterfly!!
Materials are toilet paper roll, color papers, strings and magic color. That's all you need :)
1) Firstly fold the color paper into half and cut the shape of a butterfly wings (so both wings will be equally same)
2) Still in the folded manner, punch 2 holes so that you may slot in the string later to tie it to the body (toilet rolls)
3) Paste some color paper patterns on top of the wings to beautify it. (For this, I asked both of them to tear the color paper into pieces and glue them on the wings.
4) For the butterfly body, just take a white paper and cut out a rectangular shape (measure roughly on the toilet paper roll)
5) Glue the white paper on the toilet paper roll
6) Draw the eyes, nose and mouth
7) Take your string and put through the butterfly wings to tie with the toilet paper roll